Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 298 - 24th October 2012 - Leaves, Color, Mourning Doves, Lexi and Skies

Wednesday and my town day. Off to do some volunteer work, errands etc. Much cooler this morning - the temperature is +0.2, may dip down a bit more by daylight. Hoping I have a quiet and uneventful day so I can get some stuff caught up. Have several things that I'd like to see finished off today. Will be nice to stop at the Bean Dock and get caught up on all the weeks news. Going to town once/week is really nice but you miss a lot of the day to day happenings.
Yesterday was nice but cooler, I guess mostly because it was windy. If you managed to get in the sun and out of the wind it really wasn't all that bad. The morning wasn't all that great as the road work was going on right out side of our house, which meant that the little Princess Lexi was greatly disturbed. She's not keen on load noises especially if they involve metal. However, right after lunch they moved on up the road and we managed to get a good walk in, as well as tea with Lois. Finished cleaning and purging the library - another room down. Rah! Suitcase is all packed, will do my purse Thursday. Larry and Lexi made another trip to the garden after supper. This year it is truly the garden that keeps giving - they came home with Swiss chard and more carrots. Swiss chard will have for supper tonight, most of the carrots will go in the freezer. Not sure where the will fit but it's nice to have a freezer full of veggies throughout the winter. At the high price of fresh vegetable and poor quality in the store I am grateful to be able to eat our own all winter.

Seems there are more leaves on the lake now then on the trees.
All I found on the dock was a mourning dove.
Sky was beautiful again.
Some of the bushes along the side of the road are still holding some wonderful color.
Lexi patiently waits for me a little further up the road. She's loves to get out for a run and is  really good as a rule when I'm taking photos. Although sometimes I forget I have her with me. Oops!
Can not resist a little more red, after all the next time we see a lot of that color will be around Christmas! It is a great holiday color. Yeah - don't shoot me for that comment!
Another coffee and time to move. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment