Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 286 - 12th October 2012 - Clouds, Sparrows, Ducks, Gulls and Leaves

Not quite as early as Thursday but still a little too early (4:30am). Oh well maybe tomorrow I'll get back to a normal hour. So today is going to be spent mostly in the kitchen - have some major baking to do for a friend. Will do some tried and true things and a couple of new items. I always like to try out new and then of course wonder if they are going to be ok. Larry will enjoy his job (official taste tester). The forecast is for showers later this morning so am hoping I can get out for a quick walk sometime between pans going in the oven and coming out.
Yesterday was busy, never did find time for a nap, but I did get to Out Patients and got my meds refilled for another year! Yah! Larry got his bottles/cans taken to the depot - think he's still got another load. His mad money! The boat Larry's been working on at the Boat Shop was finished yesterday and they were going to launch her, he had to go down to help open the doors etc. I went along too after seeing the Doctor. Too windy to put her in the water but they did get her out of the shop, and decided  to wait until the wind died out some after supper for the water. Monday they have another to start. We stopped and voted as I'm hoping we will be in Freeport next weekend. I'm a firm believer in voting - my philosophy is - you vote you can bitch, you don't vote keep quiet. That's just my thought on the process. I did get a pan of skor bars done before heading to town and managed a walk.  Back to exercise class after supper - groan my body - just joking. I usually get a few twinges here or there but nothing terrible. I find if I make sure I'm active the day after it really helps.
I think he enjoys watching me through the  kitchen window.
The centre of this one was filled with water from the rain last evening - like a tiny bird bath.
It was really windy yesterday but the clouds were cool.
They are always flying off and leaving me.
A few stayed and hung out on the rock.
 
Can't resist the brightly colored leaves, the maples are falling off quickly. I watched them today as they tumbled in the wind to rest on the lake.
Looking at the sky from down near the ship yard.
The gulls were battling the wind along the harbour today.
 
Nothing special here except I like the lines of the power poles and the way the clouds are in the sky.
Time for another coffee. And for you girls on the road - safe journey and good shopping. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment