Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 279 - 5th October 2012 - Harbour, A Raven, The Big Chair and Mowed Grass

It's Friday and another  week is ending. Long weekend on the horizon for most people with Turkey [or at least I'm hopeful] on Sunday. Weather is remaining mild, temperature is +12.8. Love that for October. This is my last regular day so will be busy and I'm going to a funeral this afternoon.
 I have lots of things on my bucket list for the winter, wonder how many I will actually get accomplished. Some are kind of fun, others rather dull. First up next week will be to go through the photos on my computer, flash drive and external hard drives and decide on a few to print off. I'd like to see if I can sell some this fall. Might be good Christmas presents, I'm thinking. I'll try getting some inexpensive frames and put them in the Bean Dock on consignment. Then there is the "Spring" cleaning - we won't discuss that yet as I need a day or two of other things before diving in.

Yesterday felt like summer - warm and beautiful, except no humidity. Really hard to know what to put on when you leave the house these days, have to work with layers. I've actually had some of the windows open in the house the last few days. This weather is easy on the wood pile, can live like this for a while longer.
The clouds are interesting and colorful this time of year.
Looking down the harbour.
The Bean Dock's Big Chair on Dock Street, still enjoying the fine weather.
I've been seeing this fellow around for several days now, and finally caught up with him today.
I think the old rhyme use to go "1 crow sorrow", however, I think this is a raven, so we should be ok.
Less and less of the moon, but can't believe at 8:30 in the morning you can still see it.
Freshly mowed grass, probably the last we will have to do this year.
Well time to get moving. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I did sleep in lol....a coffee and a couple of moose sausage...then jumped in the shower and soap in the eyes will sure wake a girl up!! The photo idea is great and perhaps when they have the Christmas crawl you could set up...photos are a great gift idea and especially for those away :) Have a good morning...I am going to try and get up just before lunch. Kathy is off this afternoon she has her cutie petutie grandson Tyson....and he sures brings out the smiles....she although tired this morning is beaming from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete