Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 284 - 10th October 2012 - The Colors of Fall

Can't believe it's Wednesday already. I've frittered away the first part of the week - well I did get some things done after my little panic attack yesterday morning. When we came home supper time last night I sent Larry to the basement to build a fire in the wood furnace. For some reason yesterday just came in cold and damp, although it didn't rain a lot it just went right through you. So I'm off to do my Wednesday in town this morning. Oh the joys, truthfully right now I could hole up here in the country and never leave but a day out a week is a good thing - interaction with people is needed and Lexi is not always a good conversationalist.
Thought I'd check back through my Grandmother's Journal this morning:
10 October 1972
Beautiful day. To town - sun on water and meadow with so many colors just beautiful. Leaves have fallen some. Our big tree is most bare. Colors early and leaves early. Off to Liverpool with Ivy and Jim for his gun. Real pleased with it. Had a scary experience with Ivy in restaurant. She had one of her spells. Scarred us silly. Called ambulance and took her to hospital and Dr. Seemed fine after we got home and got something to eat. Dr. Steeves couldn't find anything wrong. Said about the same as Dr. Cooper. Lovely day and dinner if it hadn't been for upset. Maybe try just too much. Got home around 4 o'clock. Mother and Albert stopped for a minute partridge hunting. [Her mother was about 76 at this time and still hunted into her 80's].
Looking up into the yellow maple leaves.
Some have begun to fall to the ground and turn brown.
Along the roadside.
They are prettiest from a distance.
A country lane with hints of color.
As my grandmother said - the colors are beautiful.
Well folks time to get things underway. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. yes the colours are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Grandmother was right about so many things :)

    ReplyDelete