Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 290 - 16th October 2012 - More Fall Colors and a Hydrangeaa

Still very warm this morning - +17.9 but rain is forecast for the day. Oh well that will give me incentive to get back to the heavy duty cleaning. Blah! Today`s conquests will be the spare bedroom and our bedroom. Better take some time out to make chocolate chip cookies or someone will be growling about the lack of lunch time goodies. I believe I`ve also got a bit of office work to tackle, hopefully no more than an hour of that.
Yesterday was a spectacular day - weather wise. Sunny, windy but totally warm like a tropical breeze; it was actually +22.7 outside at 4pm. I hope that's not hurricane weather in the making. However, it was nice to open some of the windows up and let the breeze blow through. It was the first day of my fall cleaning - groan. This is the time of year when I go room to room cleaning and purging up a storm. The shoe room is finished. Seems like I didn't accomplish a lot but I enjoyed visiting with Isie and Wayne most of the morning and that was so much more important. Lexi and I hit the neighbourhood later soaking up all that warm air and had tea with Lois, then home to plant our flower bulbs. By next spring it will be a surprise when the come up as I can't remember where I planted last years [only the general spots] and by then I'll have forgotten what I put in the ground. That's part of the fun. Exercise class last night, I questioned whether or not I`d be able to move this morning but still seem to be ok. I wish I had take dance classes as a child instead of piano lessons - seems I have no co-ordination and some of the moves I just don`t get at all. I always seem to be on the opposite foot as the rest of the class. Maybe being left handed has something to do with it? I  guess I beat to a different drum!
The islands in the lake are alive with color now.
Love the bright yellow on the left.
Ripples in the water with reflections of trees and fallen leaves.
The forest ground is not as attractive. Most of the ferns have turned to brown.
Lois still has some summer color left in her yard. This purplish/blue hydrangea has a bloom.
The rest of the house will soon be up, time for me to get moving. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment