Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 283 - 9th October 2012 - Ducks, ducks and more ducks!

I sprung out of bed at my regular time and then remembered - I don't go to work today. I think it will take me a while to get used to this. Usually about March I'm beginning to sleep in the odd morning til 6am. Oh well, this morning I have lots to do and a funeral in the afternoon to attend. Temperature is +7.3, they were giving a chance of frost last night, but I think we may be clear although it's going to happen soon. Some rain coming for the next few days.

I tried to remain lazy yesterday but it didn't really work. Had 4 zucchinis so I shredded 3 for the freezer and made a chocolate zucchini cake with one. I finally got my hair done in the afternoon - no more grey for a while - back to my natural (ha!ha!) color. Lexi and I took advantage of the nice day and roamed through the woods over to the lake and enjoyed the ducks. Now I'm thinking there were other things I should have done yesterday that I didn't. Oh my what a way to start the week!

This one seems to have a little attitude.
The Mallards are one of the most colorful ducks.
When Lexi stands on the dock, they just drift around instead of flying off. She's like my little duck call.
Looks like they are bobbing for apples.
He's off, but only goes a short distance.
And it was a beautiful afternoon on the lake.
Since I've got so much this morning to do, better get cracking! Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday and off to an early morning. Have a great day I never get tired of the photos of the ducks ;)

    ReplyDelete