Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 301 - 27th October 2012 - Sunrises, Leaves and my trip

It's early Saturday morning, have managed to snag the computer in the motel lobby. Not a lot of people up yet so I'm good to write. Up at 5am which is our 6am, forgot there was an hour difference. This morning we are off to shopping again at 8 for a bit then heading to the bingo hall for the day, following...you guessed it - more shopping!HA!HA!
So yesterday was a long, long day. Got some shopping done, lots of laughs. Arrived before noon, the bus took us to Sams which is the equivalent to our Price Club - good deals, managed to get a few Christmas presents as well as enough chocolate chips to hold me for a while. A 72 oz bag was $10.28, now the equivalent of that would have cost me almost $20. at home - I bought 2 bags of course. I love a bargain! After that we headed for the motel, dropped off our luggage and 6 of us piled in to a taxi to head for the mall to eat some quick and shop. And then more stores. By 7pm we were definitely wiped out and landed at the bar/restaurant for a beer and something to nibble on. I just had potato skins/cheese and bacon with sour cream and they were good. One of the girls ordered the squash ravioli - umm seems to me I've read about this lately so I had to try one as well. I was mildly disappointment as they had laden them with nutmeg and I mean that was the only flavour there was so I it made me think dessert not entree. Ah well you live and learn. By 9pm we were ready for bed, deciding we had been up for 29 hours and couldn't walk another step!
Love me early mornings on the lake.
Still some colorful bushes along the shores of the lake.
Some ducks enjoying the lake.
This tree got hit by lightning the other year, it's top is gone but this much still stands collecting debris from above.
Just a few leaves near the top.
 Time for me to get another coffee and shake the sleep off. Wish me luck today. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment