Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 281 - 7th October 2012 - Pumpkins, Ducks, Leaves and Mushrooms

Happy Thanksgiving! We always go to my parents for the big turkey dinner with all the fixin's and family. A time to gather and be glad we are all together again. I can remember when I was a child both sets of grandparents would be there, then gradually my siblings and I grew up and got married our spouses would be part of the meal, then the grandchildren were added. The table was outgrown and mom would add the kitchen table onto the end of the dining room table. Gradually over the years the family has begun to shrink, grandparents past away, siblings moved, grandchildren grew up and some moved away. We are back to one dining room table now filled with family  and memories of those who can not be with us.
Yesterday was not terribly eventful, spent most of the day in the kitchen. Visited with our new neighbour for a bit, did the norm - laundry, floors etc. Made gingerbread whoppie pies for Jacki and a stew for supper. Larry and Glenn got back after 6pm so fed them, then Larry and I headed down to the Island's Park to visit Sherri and Billy for the evening. Good time of fun and laughs.

I can't take credit for this photo - Sherri took it. Delana and Destiny enjoyed taking part in the Pumpkin Festival today at the park and carved these guys out. What a great job the girls did!
The ducks were in the lake when Lexi and I went out walk lunch time. Leaves are littered all over the water.
More colors but they are falling off quickly.
The ferns are starting to fade too - turning brown, they will soon be gone and so another season will soon pass.
They grow everywhere and every size and shape.
I can't help myself, have to sneak a few mushroom photos in every once in a while.
Time to have my coffee and sneak in a little me time while the rest of the house sleeps. Enjoy your day.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos and the reflection of past thanksgiving dinners ...Like you I remember the days when tables were put together and sometimes we ate in shifts. Those were days and memories etched in our hearts. Thanksgiving at the park with as many as can make it. I will mentally save a seat for those who are no longer with us physically <3

    ReplyDelete