Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 287 - 13th October 2012 - Country Lane, Ducks, Grasses and the Sky

Another too early morning - I am getting very tired of these. I would love one good night sleep right now. Temperature has finally dropped this morning - +0.2 and I'm sure in another hour or so it will be lower. The weather forecast was for frost. Usually as daylight approaches the temperature will drop again. For now the stars are all out so I'm hoping for a nice day. Our new neighbour is having a housewarming/birthday party today. So we've got to pick up some tables for her and we'll give a hand setting things up etc. then I'll make a quick dash to town for groceries.
I spent most of yesterday baking for today's party. Lots of goodies - squares, tassies, cookies and mini cupcakes, hope everyone likes them. I did get out for a walk - helps to stretch out the limbs when you are basically in one room for so long. Running between the pantry and stove is not really exercise. Yes, I have a lovely old fashion pantry which I wouldn't part with for anything. I love it for baking and the counter top is a bit lower than the normal kitchen counters which works perfect for me. The new counter/cupboard we added in the kitchen last winter was great  to work with yesterday too. So handy right across from the oven. Room for cooling racks - lots and lots as I found out yesterday. It's going to be wonderful when I start the Christmas baking marathon.
Nothing more relaxing than walking down a country lane.
The tame ducks were hanging out close to the dock.
The wild ducks don't stay so close unless I have Lexi with me. She seems to calm them.
Finally got a decent flight photo. Rah!
The landing.
The dark clouds were rolling in over the lake - waiting for the rain.
 
 
Waving in the wind like fans - the tops of these ornamental grasses.
Well time for me to find something productive to do in the early hours of the morning. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment