Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 300 - 26th October 2012 - Early Morning on the Lake

It's Friday!! Sherri if you are reading this Thursday night - close it up until morning! I'm posting this Thursday night before I leave as I won't be near a computer until late on Friday and some people are a royal pain [just kidding] about when they get to read "their blog".  So Saturday morning I'll update everyone on the trip to date - however, the rule of the road is "what goes on in Bangor stays in Bangor". We really don't get in to any trouble - lots of laughter is always involved. You'll also be seeing my at home photos over the next few days as I'm not travelling with my camera. Huge anxiety over that but no camera or laptop. I may go through a bit of withdrawal, but the girls will keep me on an even keel, I'm sure. From past experience - we mostly see the inside of stores and the bingo hall so not worthwhile to carry extra baggage. Although a couple of trips ago we did get the taxi driver to take us by Stephen King's house - that was fun - I've seen it before but it's still really cool.

So I got everything done on my list, Thursday - house looks semi-decent [won't be this way when I get home but...], cooked a nice supper with leftovers for Larry, managed a nap and exercise class. Exercise class was murder so I'm sure I'll be seized up  after sitting on the bus for nearly 12 hours. Hopefully some heavy duty mall walking will work the kinks back out. It's been a long evening waiting to get ready to go, especially since I'm normally in bed by 9pm.  Oh well the price of fun!

This was a wonderful way to start the day.
It was so quiet and peaceful - not a ripple on the water.
Very thankful for neighbours who don't mind me roaming around their yards in the early morning.
I'm sure we will be watching the sun come up in Maine but it won't be this pretty.
The mist was rising up off the lake.
Lupin leaves are still on the roadside, a little frost is melting as the sun warms them up.
Some very naked looking trees. Brings home the reality that winter will soon move in. Well I'm enjoying Fall until then.
Am heading out to get on the bus! Enjoy your day.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. lol I meant to comment on this one in particular lol.....you should have been a truck driver since you love early early early mornings lol
    I did not read it until Friday morning so there!!!

    ReplyDelete