Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 278 - 4th October 2012 - Sunrises, Turning Leaves and Mushrooms

Thursday and back to work. Another couple of days then I'm off for the winter. Means I have lots to do. Am going to miss our regular trip to Freeport - normally we go on the long weekend but can't this year, hopefully we'll make it in a few weeks. That's Freeport, Digby County, not Maine. Love to go to the Islands - great place to take photos and visit our friends who live there. Our time is tight though since we have to go before it starts getting too chilly because of the heat in the house - wood, doesn't put itself in the furnace when you aren't home.
The good news yesterday was my stomach felt a bit better, bad news - had a miserable headache from getting up too early. Lexi and I curled up for a nap, but you know what happens - the phone rings as you are drifting off. It was a beautiful day to be home, sunrise was fabulous in the morning, lake was spectacular the rest of the day. Got some cookies baked for the boys and did that "minimalistic" housework thing. After days of not feeling good, I felt like comfort food - macaroni, ground turkey [I don't eat beef], tomatoes, cheese all baked in the oven. An old fashion casserole. It was tasty and leftovers for another night.
Usually I would put this photo of the sun coming up over the trees last, but decided to work backwards today! I think it's spectacular.
It was so still the reflections were awesome - you could hardly tell between the lake and the sky.
Love all the shades of morning.
Perfect reflections in the lake.
Trees are turning - some nice shades of red and yellow coming through.
Had to include this one, I half expect to see little pixies running around.
Well the rest of the family will soon be getting up. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Pixies or Gnomes lol ....love the relationship you have developed with Mother Nature....doing a great job of capturing the colours ....glad your belly is feeling better....is it just me or there an abundance of mushrooms this year...they seem to be everywhere and all sorts some I have never seen before.....well I am off to get some posting doen...invoices etc.... and this Minimalistic housework you speak of well big sista...I wait for a windy day open all the windows and doors and ironically enough the tumbleweeds settle in various corners which makes cleaning them up that much easier.....I swear we have another dog in the house......:) Have an awesome day

    ReplyDelete