Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 297- 23rd October 2012 - Skies, Leaves and a Great Blue Heron

Tuesday, temperature is +5.8, and it's suppose to be fine. Today I've got to finish off that 1/2 of room and get the rest of my suitcase packed. I'm off to Bangor on Thursday night with the girls. It's Bingo, shopping, food, drink, laughs and lots of fun. We go on a bus trip and it truly is a blast. I also have to work on some blog posts so I can just put them up while I'm there. Guess I better get in high gear today and clean up some things around here. We don't leave until midnight Thursday, so I'll have the day to do up last minute stuff.
Yesterday wasn't quite as warm as I anticipated, actually most of the day it was rather overcast and the sky was unusual looking. Well managed another room and 1/2 done - bringing it to 6 1/2 done, 14 1/2 more to do. Maybe I shouldn't count it down until I get at least  on the home stretch. Now a couple of those rooms are strictly Larry's workshop so I'll press him into service when I get to that side of the house. They began working on our road yesterday, no more peace and quiet - just big trucks going up and down the road but that's progress and it will be nice to get the road fixed up. A little inconvenience now will be wonderful later. Exercise class last evening - good work out and thanks Cindy for trying to do something with my uncoordinated body. Am thinking it's a left handed issue - a couple of the other lefties claim they had problem catching on initially, so I don't feel so stunned. Funny how my arms and legs don't want to go in the direction I'm trying to send them. Anyway we will continue.
A lovely spot to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet on the lake.
A very strange sky in the morning around 9am.
Looks more like an evening than a morning photo.
I love the way the sky and trees reflect in the lake.
Looking up through the trees, I see some pine needles have been caught in the poplar on their way down.
And my excitement for the day was this fellow - Great Blue Heron.
He was hanging out with a large group of Mallards in the cove. I'm surprised I got my camera up so quick to catch him.
Need another coffee and then time to get moving. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So you leave on Thursday night!! awesome and I am sure you will have a blast...not sure which was more fun/informative the drive to the meeting or the meeting itself.....I will say I was impressed with how the Liberal leader chose not to "beat" Sterling up....he was amicable and spoke of Sterling's integrity...not often seen with politcal rivals and it was refreshing to see them all on the same page!!! :) I cam away very impressed with Mr. McNeil and believe me up until last night the last time he opened his mouth I wished for a roll of duct tape :) lol that made you laugh

    ReplyDelete