Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 288 - 14th October 2012 - Sunrises, Raccoons, Ducks and a Dog

Finally a decent nights sleep - 5:15 am. Rah!! I almost feel human again instead of like a worn out dish rag! Truthfully another hour would have been nice but I won't push my luck. Temperature is +2.5 and they are forecasting showers for today (well most of the week actually). Not sure what the plans are today but by the looks of things around here some serious housework should be at the top of the list. Larry needs to fix a couple of pieces of siding on his brother's house so if it's not raining too hard maybe he'll get that done. Always seems to be a lot to do in the fall but then the rain comes. I've got bulbs to plant - bought a variety pack through Vesseys. They were nice this spring so hoping these ones will do well too. I should clean up some garden beds and move Iris' around too. Umm... I'm tired just thinking about what should be done.
Our first frost yesterday morning, the grass was dipped in white and my fingers were near frozen as I took some pictures at daylight down by the lake.Gloves will soon be in order.  Had a good time at the party yesterday - nice to meet new people and see ones we already knew again.
A little bit of the dawn is creeping through the trees down by the lake.
I always like this little island in the lake.
Love the reflections in the lake, it was dead calm yesterday morning - at least early it was. The wind picked up later and blew very hard.
The sky was soft pale colors yesterday morning, nothing brilliant but still pretty.
A dock - total stillness on the lake.
A little bit of mist rises up from the lake.
So yesterday afternoon Nancy called saying she had 2 baby raccoons in a tree, over we went ( I have all the neighbours trained for possible photo opts).
It's hard to tell but there are actually 2 little ones here - wrapped around one another. I'm guessing they will be there until night fall and then scamper down in search of food.
And while we were in that neck of the neighbourhood, we took the opportunity to creep around Myrna and Kenny's yard and catch some of the ducks. They weren't home but I'm sure they didn't mind.
I don't think he was happy I was in his yard, he barked a bit and I watched him from the corner of my eye just in case.
Well time for another coffee. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment