Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 289 - 15th October 2012 - Mushroom, Leaves, Fire Hydrant and a Boat

Another Monday rolls around. Temperature is way up there at +14.5. Showers again today. This morning I have an old friend coming to visit. It's been several years since I've seen her as they live out west, but are home for a few weeks. We'll have tea and catch up on all the news, etc. We keep in touch via the Internet but it's not the same as sitting at the kitchen counter having a good old natter. She's been gone a number of years now, but when we get together it's like we just saw one another yesterday. Good friends can pick up where they left off no matter how long it's been.
Yesterday was damp and cold, began raining in the afternoon. I packed up the summer clothes and brought out the winter sweaters, etc and purged as I was doing it. I held fast and tossed those that I hadn't worn for the last 2 seasons. Since I shop for the bulk of my clothes at Frenchy's I never feel terribly guilty if I don't wear it forever. I did get both dressers sorted out and 1 blouse rack. So all in all not a bad morning. Tomorrow I'll tackle shoes. Since I'm a shoeaholic it's a more difficult task. I still have a pair of fry boots that I bought during my college years, but if you wait long enough everything comes back in style - right? Lexi and I curled up on the sofa with a book and had a little snooze later in the afternoon and I noticed that Larry dug out another jigsaw puzzle to start. It was that kind of an afternoon -cold and miserable outside with a wood fire going inside - a lazy Sunday. We are still harvesting from the garden - the frost the other morning didn't hit that so he came home with more tomatoes, one last zucchini and a bucket of carrots. I'm sure there isn't much room left in that freezer to add more, but we will really appreciate them come winter.
Every day there seems to be a few new mushrooms pop up.
Some of the trees are starting to look bare.  Probably after the rain this week most of the maple trees will be naked.
More colors.
Fits in well with Fall colors!
Lots of cones are on the trees - is that a sign of a harsh winter or a mild one?
Some black knot on a tree - quite common on wild cherry.
The boat coming out of the shop the other day, ready for launching!
Time to finish my coffee and get started. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment