Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 68 - 8th March 2012 - Moonlit Nights and International Women's Day

The temperature is very different from yesterday morning +5.8. Daylight is coming so early now, it's great. No more do I sit at the window peering into darkness waiting for dawn to appear. It's rather grey looking out this morning, no pretty sunrise like yesterday but they are giving a sunny day. I think Spring has arrived! I say that at least once/week lately but sooner or later it will happen and we probably won't even realize it.
Got a few shots last night of the full moon, should have gone out about 10 minutes earlier as it had already gone high above the tree line. I love the way the moon shines across the lake, but I thought I'd do some fun shots with some of the trees/bushes etc.                                               Looks like it's almost resting in the tree branches.
It's kind of a funky photo.
This has a haunted house look about it!
And the more traditional moon over the lake photo, a glimmer of color reflecting in the dark water below.
Today is International Women's Day. I took a few moments to think about who the extraordinary women were in my life. I can not name one alone, they all are - Mom, Grandmothers, Great Grandmothers [those I knew those I didn't], Aunts and Cousins. They all made me who I am today [good or bad!]. They are/were women who had their own minds, did their own thing, some had sharp tongues but big hearts, and they all loved and nurtured their families. I thank them all for being a part of my life!
 I also thought about women friends and two in particular who at this moment I count among the strongest women I know, they are battling breast cancer. Every day I try to send them a little bit of mental strenght in hopes it will help with their fight. Because of who they are and the women who help/helped shape their lives I know they will get through this with flying colors and be around for many years to come -"to live, to laugh to love".
This is a photo taken years ago by someone in the family, this is my Great Grandmother Nettie [on the left] and her sister Kitty [right]. They are probably in their 80's and either coming from or going hunting. I love this photo of them as it shows what they loved and were all about.
Enjoy your day and remember to love, respect and cherish the Women in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment