Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 207 - 26th July 2015 - Magnolia Warbler, Black & White Warbler, Checker board and Hummingbirds

3:30 am is not the best way to start a Sunday. Oh well, it will be a very long day but I think we'll go to Hemeon's Head this morning. A few hours on the beach, hopefully finding some shorebirds will put the day right. Then it will be time to do the lunch box cooking for the week and some housework if I'm still awake!
Had a nice day Saturday, weather cleared. Out for my morning walk, a few Warblers around but nothing fascinating or new. Larry worked at the woodpile - cutting, splitting and piling. I puttered around, getting little done as I spend too much time checking out the apple trees. We went in for my cousin and her husband's reception bash - backyard casual get together then dance later in the evening. They got married last month but kept that to just a small intimate gathering. It was fun, did the shopping, stopped at Cathy and Harold's. The girls were there so we had supper with all of them. Then home for a lazy evening.
Magnolia Warbler.














The Black and White Warblers are always happy to pose. The remind me of the Nuthatches, always going up and down trees.
Downy Woodpecker - so many of these little one around now.
Common Yellow-throated Warbler, he has a cobweb stretched up through his forehead.
The neighbours in the hood are playing checkers.
My next door neighbour called me yesterday morning to come see these little guys and gals. They had 6 at one feeder. What a flurry of activity.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment