Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 200 - 19th July 2015 - Northern Parulas, Blackburnian Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler and Muskets

Looks like some light rain for most of the day, clearing maybe this afternoon. Oh well it's Sunday and time for me to do up the lunch box cooking. Maybe we'll get out somewhere after supper.  Have a ham out for supper, been a while since we've cooked one, which will be great for a few suppers this week.
Great day in the backyard. Several of the birds I've yet to see I found today - in the apple tree! Maybe I've been hunting in all the wrong places. I still saw a few birds on my morning walk, however, most were high in trees. The leaves and branches really make it difficult or perhaps just a challenge this time of year. So we stayed home til after lunch. I did some work around the house, Larry worked in the wood blocking some up. It's good wood. A lot he won't have to split, one less step to do. We headed off to the waterfront, had fish and chips, then I went to work behind the camera as the Reenactors did their thing. Little hard on my ears as I got to close to the muskets as they were being It was fun to watch and audience seemed quite excited. I spent most of the evening sorting through and editing photos.
He was hungry and.....
Mom fed him. Northern Parulas















Blackburnian Warbler.
 Magnolia Warbler.
 Black & White Warbler.
 Black-throated Blue Warbler.
 Muskets were fired - smoke rolled out!
I really liked this one!








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment