Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 183 - 2nd July 2015 - Reflections, Roses and a Chickadee

Up a little too early this morning - that's a long story for another day. Looks like another nice day on the horizon, I suspect the sun will come through a bit of fog when it rises. Off to work this morning. Making some headway at the office, good to have a student there to help with some of the backlog and he's caught on quickly.
A lovely day off. Clouded over in the afternoon with a little drizzle, then a shower after supper. Not much bird activity in the morning on my walk, but after lunch when I went out saw a number of different species across the road in the trees. Nothing unusual, but movement which was good. I'm hoping to see more once the young have fledged from the nests. I found the Catbird as well, or I should say heard him first. He's a noisy guy, that's for sure. Got my photos framed up, did a little work around the house and that was the excitement for the day.
A beautiful morning on the lake.













It's a nice time of year when everything wild is blooming.


Lois' Clematis are too, couldn't get a good shot, her attack Rooster was on guard in the yard.
No way was the Red Eyed Vireo going to co-operate, but he was fun to watch.
Another of my Explorer Roses are nearly in bloom.
I think we have a batch of Chickadees who have fledged. There is a group of 6 which stay close together and some are pretty goofy acting.






Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Anxious to see the Explorer Rose opened up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha "Lois's attack roosters" :). Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete