Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 197 - 16th July 2015 - Downy Woodpecker, Northern Parula, Clouds and Loyalist Rose

Not sure how much longer I'll be able to do the blog on a regular basis. Eastlink will be capping our usage effective 1 August. We'll see how things go and what happens. It really sucks, we have substandard internet and they want to charge us more. Off to work this morning, book launch this evening. Going to be a busy day that's for sure.
The humidity was wicked yesterday and no rain but overcast in the morning. It wasn't as lively in the hood on my walk. Go figure  - days I have an hour there is lots of activity, when I have longer - it's quiet. Tried again after supper, a number of Hermit Thrushes around but no photos. Buzzed around did a little housework, edited a few photos (tons more to do) and cooked up supper for Thursday and Friday as well as last night. It was a red letter day - our wood arrived. Looks good not a lot of big stuff so should be easy to deal with. Not to cut and split - that's Larry's department but of course will cut into my weekends.
Big fluffy clouds last night over the lake.
There's a family of Downy Woodpeckers on my walk every morning.
The Northern Parula was hiding - not as friendly as the other day.
My Loyalist Rose is blooming, among weeds and grasses.
Lots of lily pads and water lilies in the lake, reminds me of a Monet painting.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment