Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Day 365 - 31st December 2014 - Sunrise, Ice, Woodpecker and Blue Jay

It's cold again this morning, -13. This is my 3rd anniversary writing the blog. I started off as a 1 year, take a photo everyday kind of project and I'm still writing. Thanks to all of you who follow me regularly and those who stop in once in a while. I guess we will be going on to 2015 together!
Time to say good bye to another month and to 2014. Wow, can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of a new year. Where did the time go? As years go it had it's ups and downs - but I guess that's probably normal. Met some great new friends and spent time with some great old friends.  We lost a couple of good people this year as well, taken too soon, but death does that and there is no point in dwelling on it. I remember them fondly,  not every day but often enough. I think 2014 was when the birding addiction really took hold - it's a fun  activity  - sometimes drives you a little crazy but Larry and I both enjoy it. The girls and I did our annual weekend in the "bitch mobile" at Harmony Bazaar in Lockeport, last July. A good weekend of music and laughter.  I hope we are able to go for many years to come. We had Hurricane Arthur in July - that wasn't much fun - no power for 5 1/2 days, although with it came a few unusual birds. Overall it was a busy year.
Any thoughts of New Year's resolutions? I never much bother with those as a rule - they last the first week then we forget. I am going to try to keep a better record of what birds I see, etc. Maybe use e-bird more often than I have in the past. I've got to keep myself on track with exercise class and walking in between. I should try to curb my food intake....well we'll see. Maybe after I've eaten all the boxes of chocolates. Oh well, we can try.

The sun came through the trees like a ball of fire yesterday morning.
It was cold, not like we've become used to. Winter has arrived.
Patches of swamp had ice, giving the sun something to reflect on.
I like the drops of ice around the reeds.

Even the lake had a few patches of ice.
Like feathers.
This female Woodpecker is fun to watch. She's like an acrobat some days.
The Blue Bandit!







Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making my mornings more enjoyable. Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete