Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 343 - 9th December 2014 - Sunrise, Ice and Tree Sparrow

Think I'll skip the baking today and head out birding at least for a while. Maybe we'll go in the direction of Cape Sable Island. I can also make a few stops in Barrington to do a bit of Christmas shopping (no it's still not done - but I have a few more ideas). Best get the house warmed up and some breakfast moving first.
Oh it was a very cold Monday, not sure if I ever warmed up. But it's December and Nova Scotia which means by Wednesday the temperature will probably +10 instead of -10!  I thought for sure I would burn and crash before the afternoon (it was after supper when I finally did)  was gone, instead I got lots done. At 4 am I was into the Christmas baking, most of the sweets/candy type things need chilling and dipping so are rather time consuming before you can actually say they are done. Figured it was a good day for cabbage roll soup - that's what I'll call it - ground pork, cabbage, some onion, diced tomatoes, brown rice, herbs and spices. Oh it smelled so good simmering away all afternoon. Had a great visit from my cousin after lunch. Larry and Lexi went after a Christmas Tree - one of the very few times in the last 31 years we've had a fir tree and not a pine. I also convinced him to make biscuits to go with the soup. Yup it was a great day!
Lexi and I braved the cold to catch the sunrise.
As much as I dislike the cold I love photographing ice.
You can see a little of sunrise colors reflecting in the water.
And the moon was still high in the West.
The Tree Sparrow, stopped in my yard yesterday. Nice to see him still around.
It was darn cold, out there even later in the day and I probably shouldn't have been laying on my stomach taking shots.


A few red berries still holding on.
I love this one, black and white with just a single spot of color where the bling is.
Layers - leaves on the bottom of the lake, water then ice on the top.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Biscuits generally put me in a good mood too!! Enjoy your day and hopefully you will see lots birds.

    ReplyDelete