Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 350 - 16th December 2014 - Woodpecker, Partridges and a Pink Sky

Top of the list today is to get some of those cookies decorated and cherries dipped. I've got a few containers I want to put together to take to town on Wednesday with me. Think I better tackle  gift wrapping too if I can find some time and a little more baking. Not to mention the standard stuff of laundry, etc. Tis the season as they say. I know people complain that everything has gone over the top with the shopping etc, I've actually cut back over the last few years. I bake a lot as I like to gift them to friends, family and a few random acts of kindness. My favourite time is the meal at my Mom and Dad's.
If I get as much done the rest of the week as I did Monday - I'll have everything under control for Christmas with a couple of days to spare. Chances of that happening are pretty slim, but something to work toward. I don't think my back will hold out that long, it's still pretty sore from surfing on the board in the basement last Thursday night. But I went to exercise class last night in hopes that it would kill or cure me and I was no worse for wear when I got home.  I made around 200 cookies made yesterday and about 3 dozen cherries started. No I'm not eating them all most will get gifted.  Lexi and I didn't have much time for walking and photos, but we did get out a couple times. Will be glad when Big B. becomes a priority again - just another week and we can go roaming more.
There were a pair of Woodpeckers (Hairy) I think in the yard yesterday. They are funny to watch, the only thing that the Blue Jays don`t bully from the feeders.
And we had our 2 Partridges back in the Apple Tree - the 12 days of Christmas is definitely not in sync in our yard.














 The water has been high, starting to drop some.
A pink morning with mist rising from the lake.







Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of geese at my house 100+, going to try and remember my camera today. Hopefully you have another productive day. I have only seen one partridge and it looked a little besheveled!! Ok to work I go Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete