Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 340 - 6th December 2014 - Golden Sunrise, Frozen Droplets and Goldfinches

Another chilly morning, I made the fire before my coffee again today. The wood and I have not been on the best of terms this week. I've broken 2 nails, gotten a splinter in my hand and had a dozen sticks of wood roll down on me. All in the name of keeping the house warm. Hopefully we will reach a mutual agreement soon or it's going to be a long hurtful winter. Life in the country!  Today is suppose to be a wet one - more rain, like we need it. Lexi and I will have shorter walks, neither of us are keen on roaming around in rain this time of year. Think I'll tackle some more wrapping today, little computer work and maybe an hour curled up reading.
So I finally kicked myself and got some stuff done yesterday. In  less than 3 weeks will be Christmas and I better get moving.  I went around swiping cobwebs and dust, can't believe I just did a good cleaning not long ago, where does it come from so fast!! The Christmas tablecloth went on, as for the rest of the decorations not sure how much I will put up this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the Grinch or Scrooge, I just don't feel like hauling all those boxes out from the cupboard and putting things up then packing it all up and back again in a few week. Maybe feel differently and go dig the stuff out next week, who knows and of course we're putting up a tree! I enjoy seeing the Christmas lights and decorations but mostly at someone else's house. So I've rattled on a lot today.
The early morning sun coming through the trees always looks like the woods are on fire.
The lake in the background, shimmers and reflects the sun above.
A little morning Bling!








A little too much light, but it makes the leaves look soft and golden.
I love the frozen droplets around the bottom of the grasses.




A couple of our feeder visitors - American Goldfinches.



Enjoy your day!

1 comment: