Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 344 - 10th December 2014 - Snowy Owl, House Finches and Waves

It's Wednesday, a rain storm and my day in town. All three things happen every week at the same time! Environment Canada has the big red bars slapped across the weather site - rainfall warning in effect - all I'm saying is...lots of rain! Two more weeks and it will be Christmas Eve. Seems I've made some headway this week but still have a lot yet to get done in those 14 short days.  Thursdays project will be to go through all my shopping/wrapping and see what is left to do. Hopefully by early next week the baking will be finished up as well.
We had another great day! Wohoo - two in a row! Once DH had a little nap we got breakfast and headed off to Cape Sable Island to go birding of course. Met up with our birding friend and checked around to see what we could find - Snowy Owl, House Finches, Common Eiders, Gulls, Chickadees, Starlings and Blue Jays. Of course he spotted an Orange Crowned Warbler before I got there, but we will not say anything more about that. I'm putting that bird out of my mind until next year. It was a little on the chilly side and very windy.  When we finished our birding adventure, Larry and I stopped in Barrington - a few more Christmas things off my list. Left over soup for supper and then Larry was off to fire practice.

Male Common Eider fighting the waves.
 First Snowy Owl of the season - he was sure handsome.
 Larry says  he's an immature male. Hoping he survives the winter.
 Was happy to be on land today - at the Hawk Beach.
 In Clark's Harbour we found  six House Finches  - five female and one male.

 On the way home we took a slight detour toward Port Clyde - Mallard landing.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment