Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 356 - 22nd December 2014 - Raven, Gulls, Clouds and Starlings

Seems I'm a little late this morning, but not really, I was up roaming around 3 am because my shoulder was throbbing. Got it eased a bit and then went back to bed for an hour or so. It's not as bad this morning as it was and it's my camera arm so...needs to improve. Looks like a pretty good day in the weather department.  I'm thinking a few deliveries and maybe some birding would fill the day in nicely. Still a few things to do around the house but, won't take long and there's always tomorrow!
Well I put the big push on, stayed dedicated and didn't leave the kitchen til 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Sore back, feet and a frozen shoulder but the baking is done and in tins, on plates and whatever other containers I could find. I didn't  get any photos at all, although the feeders were busy all day - mostly the regularly guys and gals. Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Woodpeckers and a few Juncos. Larry drove Santa around the Community (in the Fire Truck of course) around supper time to deliver treat bags and baskets to the young ones and seniors. Then we went out picked up our lobsters, turkey and delivered a few trays of treats.
Raven, I think - they are a bit smaller than a Crow but in flight light this it's difficult to tell.

A couple of Gulls, hanging out.
I think I took these out at Baccaro the other day.  Maybe not terrific photos but I like the way the clouds look.

A flock of Starlings. They get a rough deal, but have their good points like anything.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment