Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 339 - 5th December 2014 - Sunrise, Chickadees, Junco and Pine Siskin

Friday again, weeks are flying by. Brr... it's cold this morning, guess we need to invest in a new digital indoor /outdoor thermometer. Maybe Santa will bring one - you never know. Built a fire while I was waiting for my coffee - still means it will be a while getting going and warming things up. As I write I hear the blower come on. No special plans today but I think I need to do up a list (to motivate/scare myself ) of things that need to be done before Christmas. That might jump start me...or not, who knows. Looks like a nice day so Lexi and I will get walking.
So it was Lexi and I home Thursday, no birding as Larry got called away. Oh well, it was a good morning for walking, mild, not a lot of wind and we tramped the hood. A few ducks in the cove, but other than that nothing terribly exciting. The Pine Siskin spent most of the day hanging around the feeders along with way too many Blue Jays, Mourning Doves and Chickadees and a few Juncos. The Goldfinches only stayed for a short time today and 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch. Whipped up my Italian sausage and rice casserole for supper, which of course is good for two nights. My kind of cooking. Did a wonderful station class with Cindy at exercise last night.
The sunrise was certainly powerful.

A pair of Mallards on the lake.
The Chickadees are such funny little birds.
Usually I don't see the Juncos on the fence.
Chickadees are everywhere.
I spied this little one late in the day, he seems to be missing his tail. Will keep my eye on him if he returns. Didn't appear to deter him any though.
The Pine Siskin. Wonder when he's bringing his friends!












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment