Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 364 - 30th December 2014 - Clouds, Mallards and Goldfinches

Brrr, seems we've got our first really cold morning, temperature is -7. I know those of you in the west just laugh at our "cold weather".  I think we'll be home most of the day, Larry is going to help out a neighbour with a project late this morning which will take most of the afternoon I'm sure. I'm hoping Susan comes up later and we can walk into her camp and maybe get some pictures along the river. Other than that I don't see anything exciting happening.
Monday gave us another fine day. Temperatures warmed up as the day went on. It was mostly a stay at home day, took the tree down - way too many spills were falling and it was beginning to look a little sad. I did put it up earlier than usual and my favourite time to enjoy it is before Christmas not after so I tackled that job. It's now outside tied to a post next to a feeder so the birds can enjoy it. They weren't long finding it as I spied a few Goldfinches sitting on it's limbs in the late afternoon. It will provide shelter from the weather for them and a place to hang out. We tackled a long over due job after lunch - well I didn't Larry and Kenny did - the foot valve in the well needed to be replaced. Now I've been after DH to do this for several months or more, but in the normal man way it was put off til no other solution could be found. It was done in a jiffy and the pump is now running when it should instead of coming on all the time.  I'm making a great effort to walk more these days, although there isn't much in the way of birds to chase after in the hood, but the exercise is good.

 The clouds were certainly unusual early in the morning.
 Reflections in the swamp.
 It was feeding time at Myrna's.
They were a riot to watch.
 Goldfinches were around home in the afternoon.
 The Christmas Tree, where it will spend the rest of the winter.
They are happy with this feeder, but the squirrels and Blue Jays aren't.





Enjoy your fay!

No comments:

Post a Comment