Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 354 - 20th December 2014 - Snow, Mallards, Snowy Owl and Blue Wing Teal.

Officially today is the last day of fall - another season finished for this year. Fall is my favourite season I think - the first part of it is anyway, maybe not the end of it. I'm heading back in the kitchen today to finish off the baking - not a lot to do but need to do a few things. Hopefully it will only take half a day, then I  can move on to finishing my gift wrapping. Looks like it will be mostly a nice day, might even see an hour of sunshine, but won't hold my breath on that one!
We had a long but good day on Friday. Headed off toward Barrington via the long/scenic route - through Port Clyde, Port LaTour, Baccaro and then Barrington and the Passage. It was a nice jaunt to ease the seasonal stress. I even managed to do the grocery shopping for the upcoming week (s) and finished the stocking stuffers and last few gifts on my list. Stopped back in Shelburne on the way home to finish off a few other needed to do chores. Now the next time I go to town will be some day next  week to deliver the gifts. Larry and I had a quiet evening home - I put the ornaments on the tree, finally and  Larry wrapped gifts.
The day started off with just a light coat of snow on everything.
Mallards in a pond.
This is one of the Wilson Snipes - I know - not a great shot but he gets added to the lifer list! Wohoo!
One of the two Snowy Owls - I don't even try to get close, most of the time I enjoy these guys from the truck.
A whole flock of Starlings - I thought it was a cool shot.
Blue-wing Teal.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment