Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 347 - 13th December 2014 - Ruffed Grouse, Sunrise and a Woodpecker.

Chance of showers and maybe some sun. Well I need to spend time in the kitchen, back to baking/finishing dipping etc. I also have lasagna on the list to make today. Seems the only time of year I make that is the Christmas season. I will try to sort through the purchases and make a solid list of what is left. Might be a good day to do up a few cards to send since I'm  late in that department too. Sounds like enough to keep me busy today.
Thursday was a  dismal, damp day. Oh well, sooner or later the sun will shine for more than a few minutes - right? Groceries, another gift purchased, yup at this rate I should be ready by March. On the plus side - the tree is up with the lights on it and at least a week early! It's a fir tree, already I've swept up spills several times. I may regret this change from pine to fir. Ornaments will go on over the next day or two. No point in rushing things. I opened the decorations cupboard yesterday afternoon - oh well I had to if I wanted lights on the tree. The entire space under the stair steps is dedicated to Christmas storage. No I'm not taking it all out and putting it up this year. Seriously I'm think I should clean through some of it and "gift" some to a few family members who aren't old enough to accumulate this much yet and would perhaps a appreciate some new things.

Not a great photo day, but I did manage to snag this Ruffed Grouse on the way to town.











 Morning view, earlier this week.
The Blue Jays are such greedy bandits, but in the winter they are a bright spot in the bare trees.
 Monday the ice had begun to form in the lake, yesterday it was flooded.
Sometimes it's hard to find the Woodpeckers, high in a tree, but if you follow the "rap, tap, tap" you'll find them.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment