Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 346 - 12 December 2014 - Water, Bling, Ferns and Reflections

Here it is Friday and another week drifting by. Guess it's going to be a trip to town - bread, milk, eggs kind of groceries (just the basics) and maybe I'll take Big B. in case we have the urge for a quick run looking for
birds. They are giving a chance of showers but I'm kind of ignoring that stuff now.  I have to seriously take a look at what I've bought, I know I still have a few gifts left but don't know what I want and I'm sure I don't want to beat through a lot of stores these days. Ugh...wish I had gotten it done earlier!
It hard to believe in mid December it can be as warm as Thursday! Beautiful day til mid afternoon, got a little gloomy and rained. It was nice to see the sun even for a brief time. And those kind of days are pretty easy on the woodpile, saving a stick or two for colder weather. Got a couple more things done on my baking list, some laundry and housework. Lexi and I got a couple of good walks in, checking out the high water in the hood. I'm thinking  if it's going to flood it might actually flood from the swamp not the lake, but we'll know for sure in the next day or two. Lots of people have had really flooding issues and damage from Wednesday's weather. Exercise class last night, a good work out til I fell off the step at the end - thank goodness it was only one riser! Not sure what makes me such a Klutz.
Too mild for ice - so we get rain droplets and a little Bling.

It was a great day for reflections - looking at the point.
Ferns always have such interesting texture and shape, no matter what color they've turned.

Looks like a creature with it's mouth open, but it's just another reflection.
The lake has flooded in this spot, so the tree is now surrounded by water.
Even though there are  no leaves, it still looks pretty.



Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. No birds....whats up with that :) Yup on your trip to gather the basics you better take Big B....you might upset your bird loving friends if you go a couple of days with no pictures

    ReplyDelete