Sunday, December 7, 2014

Day 341 - 7th December 2014 - Purple Finch, Goldfinch, Chickadee and the Sun

Suppose to clear sometime this morning. Milder today, will build  a fire later. Maybe it's a good day to start the Christmas baking. I'm not going to do as much as a normally do. Good morning project then Lexi and I can spend some time out in the fresh air if it clears later. Made pizza for supper last night so there is one left over for supper tonight.
A wet and miserable Saturday. Another day at home. Of course the only photos I got were from the kitchen window. It's been so long since I've gotten out birding, I will have forgotten how. Did some more gift wrapping, laundry, etc. Lexi and I curled up on the sofa after lunch and read for a while. Larry was home a bit early.
Grandmother's Journal:
6 Dec 1976 - Beautiful winter day. Cold, Sunny. Bob & Tom to MC, set snares, look after pup. Busy in the store this morning. Knitting. Can't get interested in Christmas this year. 
7 Dec 1976 - Bob, Tom to MC early. I walked to work. Easterly winds coming in mild. Overcast all day. Light rain showers in late afternoon. High winds tonight. Much warmer. Wild night. Heavy rain, brook came way up. High winds. 

I love it when there are several different birds at this feeder - in this case - Chickadee, Goldfinch and Purple Finch.















The first Purple Finch at the feeders this season.
Checking to see who else is around.
She's a beauty!
A little sparkle around the grasses.
A few mornings ago.














Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment