Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 342 - 8th December 2014 - The Harbour, Dock Street, Chickadees and White-Throated Sparrows

Monday morning and up way too early!! I actually woke up when Larry did at 2:30 am, going to be a long day. Thinking I would lay down for an hour or so, but maybe I'll just get at the baking now and save the nap for later today when I crash. Looks like it will be one of the few fine days this week. Yup - more rain on it's way but it will have to get a whole lot warmer. It's really cold this morning. Lots to do so I'm going to finish my coffee and get the day underway!
Well Sunday went differently than I thought it was going to. I actually got a little motivation back, started the Christmas baking. DH came home early so we had some lunch and went in town to do some shopping. Well I shopped, he decided to nap in the truck but got interrupted a couple of times by people stopping by to chat. Oh well, he enjoys catching up. Took a drive along the waterfront and to the wharf, thought I might see the odd loon or cormorant but only a gull or two. Went for a walk when we got home and checked out Lois' feeders just to make sure I wasn't missing something rare and unusual there. Felt better than I have for several days. An early night.
 Looking across the harbour.
 A few of the building and businesses at the end of Dock Street, you can see the steeple on the Cox's Warehouse in the background.
 Probably a Herring Gull.
 Another view, the lights in the sky are kind of eerie.
 A couple of acrobat Chickadees.
 Nice to see the White Throated Sparrows at Lois'. They wintered there last year as well. Seem to be content in one spot unlike  most of the feeder birds who roam around the hood from feeder to feeder.
Didn't need to crop this one!








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment