Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 349 - 15th December 2014 - Frosty Branches, White Throated Sparrow and Turkey Vultures

It's a nippy morning, made the fire while I was waiting for the coffee. It's a good morning, since I've stayed in bed til just after 5 am and it's going to be a busy one - lots to do! Cookie baking is on the list today - sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, lime/pistachio trees and it's time to do the liquored up cherries. Lexi and I will get out and around, maybe see if the water has started to drop yet. It had gotten a lot higher on the private road than I expected, but not surprised. Exercise class tonight - better try to get there tonight!
We had a good day of shopping, now I've just got to pick up a few gift cards in town and deal with Larry's gift. Not sure if I'm actually going to be able to get it ... too long of a story. Am thinking it might be easier on line instead of in person. Stores weren't as bad as I thought they would be, although some were bad enough, but I played it cool and kept on moving. I ended up taking Big B, she pouted and didn't want to be left home. It was pretty on the back road with the sun coming up, the roads were a bit slippery and the DOT salt Truck had been out in Yarmouth County. Home at a decent time and a lazy evening.
Looking up over some farmer's field on the back road as the sun was coming through.
Everything was dipped in frost.
Sunlight, frost and an old barn.
In Kempt the Canada Geese were still around.
I spied a Pheasant on the side of the road but when we turned and went back I only caught this White throated Sparrow.
We took a quick side road  in Yarmouth before heading home and saw these Turkey Vultures.

"4 Turtle Doves" well not really but it made me think of the song - 12 Days of Christmas. 








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment