Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1 - 1st January 2015 - Clouds, Ice, the Lake and Blue Jays

Happy  New Year! It appears I'm in for another year! Hope everyone had a good evening. We went to Upper Clyde and had supper with friends, but were home early. It was snowing and anyone that knows me, understands that snowflakes and the road just make me want to be home. It was late enough for me anyway.  Temperature is -8 this morning, winter is here. Our first winter storm is suppose to arrive on Sunday - no one much knows what it is yet but they are tossing out snow, ice and rain. - sounds like options and a mess.
I've been doing a little work to clean up my laptop, going through, deleting and moving photos. It's a time consuming job. We are heading to Mom and Dad's for a meal today, hopefully I'll get a chance to re-pot one of her Orchids and hook her kobo up to her library account.
Grandmother's Journal: 
Thursday 1 Jan 1976: 
New Year's Day. Overcast all day, quite mild. No wind. Bob, Tom, Bobbie & Mike up home. 2 rabbits - Mike has snares out. Had a corned beef and sauerkraut dinner down home. Bob's arm still bothering him. Great dinner. I walked down home this morning. Lots of shooting at midnight. Also 5 o'clock this morning.  Working on Kim's jig saw puzzle. Looks like snow tonight. Jimmie goes back on Saturday. Time sure flies. Got a raise on pay day, $2.50/hour. 


 Those clouds did clear away fairly quickly in the morning.
 Everything was frozen, a dusting of snow and lots of frost.

 It was hard to believe that most of lake froze over Tuesday night.
 But not enough that I would walk on it.  A few cracks here and there.
 A little bling on a deck.
I could still see an open channel in the middle. Hope the ducks headed for the open water in the river.
And it was a feeding frenzy in the feeders.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment