Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 20 - 20th January 2015 - Red-wing Blackbird, Ice, Gulls and Bubbles

I guess I'll move on to grant application #3 and see if I can get that out of my hair today. Hoping some more of the ice has disappeared overnight too as it's remained mild and the temperature is +1. Along some spots on the sides of the road and some of the dirt roads  still have quite a bit of ice. Going for a walk is like playing hop scotch - trying to skip over icy patches. Not sure what else I'll find to do, but I'm sure it will be interesting!
Monday was a great day even though in the morning it poured buckets, but it did clear by afternoon. I found my spare camera battery and SD Card - in the house of course, had fallen in behind some things. Oops, but special thanks to Jamie and Chris for searching at the wharf for me. Whipped up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies for Larry's lunch box, although I'm not sure he really needs them. My grant application that lived in cyberspace for a week got submitted and my cousin came up and tried on her dress I'm altering. We had a good visit. Exercise class last night - I'm sure we will all hurt this week!!
Had a Red Wing Blackbird (RWBB) visit the feeders yesterdays. I could also hear a Pileated Woodpecker in the area.
Part of a wharf in Sandy Point.
Looking out see from the Locke's Island causeway.
An adult  Herrring Gull, I think.
Th water moves fast even in this small brook.
Bubble bath anyone?






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment