Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 8 - 8th January 2015 - Sunrise, Shadows, Snow and Gulls

Cold again, need I say, temperature is -11 and suppose to be colder. Glad I don't have an apparatus that tells the windchill, I'd be really cold then! Well my job today will be feeding the furnace and I won't mind one little bit. Back to grant applications, and some other volunteer work. Maybe I'll don the snowsuit today for our jaunts in the hood.
Wednesday was one very cold day, but on the good front it didn't start snowing til late afternoon so the drive home wasn't too bad. Hard to see the vehicle ahead of us with the blowing snow and the fact that buddy didn't have his lights on. Well we got home to a house temperature of +11, yes it was nippy but didn't take more than a couple hours to bring it up to a comfort level once the wood furnace got going. I think the leftover turkey soup helped us feel better too. Watched the first episode of The Book of Negroes, it was good - a fabulous story is beginning to unfold. It's a 6 episode mini-series and is being shown on CBC and partly filmed in Nova Scotia - one place being Shelburne. So as it progresses we will view scenery we recognize as well as neighbours and friends who were extras.
The sun blob shining through the trees, could use some of that today.
Snuggling in the tree branches.
The trees cast long shadows on the lake, I'm sure I'll see this on my walk later.
Branches with clumps of snow.
From Sandy Point we could look across and see Gunning Cove and one of the wharves.
A few gulls resting.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment