Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 14 - 14th January 2015 - Snow, Bling and Chickadees

Sorry for the delay this morning but I've had no internet since supper time last night - Grrr!! Damn Eastlink. I'm assuming the issue is with our repeater tower, probably a snow flake blew the wrong way So I'm in town using real internet - a treat for sure! But have lots to do so we are going to be brief today.
I managed to get done on Tuesday what I planned to do on Monday...well almost. Got 2 grant applications done, 1 submitted and 1 hanging in limbo in the government cyber land. I'll try to find and submit that today when I'm in town and have access to real internet. Weather was nice but a bit chilly, although it's so much easier to deal with a little bit of snow when the sun is out. Lexi and I of course made a few runs around the hood but stuck to the paths in the woods as there wasn't quite as much ice underfoot. My cousin Cathy stopped for a visit in the afternoon, it was great to have a coffee and chat with her and I found time to make a casserole for supper and use my seam ripper on that wedding dress I have to alter.
 My potted Mums, I know they are dead but they still add a little interest by the step.
 I never clean anything up in the fall, the birds pick away at whatever seeds are left.
 The Phlox hedge sparkles in the sunshine and there is bling everywhere.

 And of course regular visitors - the Chickadees.
I hear Red Polls are in Yarmouth County, fingers crossed the find there way here this winter.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment