Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 29 - 29th January 2015 - Pine Siskins, Red Polls, Woodpecker and Goldfinches

Temperature is -7 this morning. Looks like we have a system working it's way toward us once again - Friday night into Saturday. Snow and then rain. We've been lucky with weather all winter so I guess we shouldn't complain too much. Spring is getting closer...I think. Have some computer work to do today - the database that I'm trying to clean up/re-arrange and update. It's coming along. Maybe I'll spend an hour on the dress I'm altering. Might even get out for a walk without Lexi and check out Lois' feeders - see if she has anything different.
Another day of mixed weather - little rain, mostly snow, some wind,  temperature wobbled back and forth as did the internet. Go figure - blizzard and ice pellets it was good. Seems when the temperature warms up, that's when the problems start. Good day in front of the kitchen window watching the feeders. There are so many Goldfinches this year, lots of Redpolls mixed in with them and a handful of Pine Siskins. Of course the Blue Jays and Chickadees were here, 2 Mourning Doves, 1 Junco and  a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers. Lexi and I roamed through the woods a few times, nothing exciting there these days.
 Pine Siskins.
 Maybe I take too many photos of the Redpolls, but I really like them. They are one of my favourite winter feeder birds.
 Pine Siskin
 Redpoll
Mourning Dove.
 Mrs. Hairy Woodpecker likes to get right into the feeders, none of that suet for her. The Mr. was in another one.
 A couple of Goldfinches.
And another Redpoll. All the birds like to sit on the fence of this post.






Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. You should have sent one of your bad hair day photos into to Cindy Day!!

    ReplyDelete