Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 9 - 9th January 2015 - Lexi, Snow and Trees

I slept in a little, well Lexi was snuggling and it was easier to stay in bed a few minutes longer. -7 this morning, warmer than the last few days. Weather is giving snow changing to rain, sounds like a mess to me. Drive safe everyone on your way to and from work today. Back to clean through photographs today. I would love to get that project done today, then Monday it's back to working on grant applications. It depends on how distracted I get during the day!
Someone told me it was going to warm up yesterday, but I don't call -13 warming up! Already I'm tired of winter and it's only been here a few days. How many more days til Spring? I guess too many to start counting. Of course I have the wonderful dog who wants to go romping through the woods when it's cold out instead of curled up somewhere warm in the house. I'll just keep telling myself that moving faster in the cold burns more calories. Finished up the last of the Turkey in a casserole for supper - it was a good week of meals. My inside activity involved some paperwork and sorting through photographs. Cindy worked us harder last night than Monday night, felt good to be back in the mode of I love to hate the exercise but keep on going.
The Cranberry ditch is frozen again and covered in snow.
Doesn't matter how cold it is, Lexi wants to go roaming through the woods.
Through the path we went, she ducking and diving between trees.
And the wind would blow the snow from the trees above.
These leaves will remain til spring and the new ones poke their way out on the limbs.
Perfectly covered in snow.
Beautiful morning, even though my fingers were freezing.
Leftover from the garden - snow caps now.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment