Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 10 - 10th January 2015 - Squirrel, Blue Jays, Junco and Chickadees

It's Saturday, stars are out, ground is covered again with snow, bet it's slippery as well. Anyone on the road - drive slow and careful. Temperature is -6. Have no idea what we are doing today, Larry mentioned something about putting wood in the basement. Of course there will be a quick trip to town for groceries, etc. Dropped my candy thermometer yesterday and broke it so will need to replace it. Hopefully I can find another in town. I always use it to check the temp of the water when I'm making bread.  Probably at this time I could come close by guessing but I don't want to. This just makes life easier! It was birding from the  kitchen window. I'm a little disappointed, not seeing anything exciting yet this winter at the feeder.
Friday was snow, rain, snow, but the temperature warmed up to +3. It was darn near tropical! I shouldn't complain but the weather is one of the best things we have to growl about. It was a messy day that's for sure.  Lexi and I made a few romps around, I tried to take her between extremes and we didn't get too wet in the afternoon.  Since we had finished off the turkey, pizza was on for supper. Recipe makes two crusts so good for Saturday lunch or supper. Sorting through photographs takes a lot more time then I thought it would, I expected to be done by Friday evening but I'm still at it, hopefully the weekend will get this project finished off.
He was  having a rough day out there in the snow and rain.
On days like this, the Blue Jay is a bit of color in those bushes.
The poor little Chickadees were working hard.
Our regular Junco waiting his turn for the feeder.
Singing in the rain?






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment