Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day 31 - 31st January 2015 - At the Feeder - Redpolls, Goldfinches, Pine Siskins and a Woodpecker

We got some more snow during the night or earlier this morning. Temperature is back to 0 again so I'm guessing it will start warming up and change to rain soon. It's suppose to be another yoyo weather day. I might get out in between. Otherwise I'll do some more computer work, laundry and housework. Sounds like an exciting time!
The temperature warmed up to +1 in the afternoon then dipped back to 0. Sun broke out but not for very long, most of the day remained overcast and grey. I made some reading headway on a manuscript for a new book the Society will be publishing this summer, did some housework and made a chicken soup. Lexi and I did some roaming and on one of our trips we saw the pair of Pileated Woodpeckers, but of course I had no camera with me. Her on a leash and a big camera are too much for me to maneuver this time of year when I'm watching the footing. Hopefully there will be another day and opportunity.
Redpoll in the Honeysucle Bush.
One of our resident Woodpeckers.
Redpoll landing.
Mr. Redpoll readying for a stand off.
Seemed to be a regular pose yesterday.
Not a great shot - need a wide angle lens to get them all - but just a portion of the Goldfinches, Pine Siskins and Redpolls feeding.
Pine Siskin and Goldfinch in one of the small feeders.
Goldfinch. The fence is a great spot to catch them.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment