Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 27 - 27th January 2015 - Ice, Cranberries, Chickadee and a Squirrel

Happy Birthday to my hubby! So we are having a snowstorm - first one of the winter and it's raging out there now. Temperature is -10, wind is blowing hard. I'm surprised I've got internet, but better not say that out loud as not likely it will last the day. Ice pellets later and then rain. It looks like a day to curl up with the kobo and read - snacks will be needed of course. Reminds me of snow days when we were children - no school and you could play outside and make snowmen and forts. Seems to me the snow was always much deeper than we have now.
Monday was another cold day. Went to town in the morning, got the final grant application done (RAH) and caught a ride home at lunch time. Was glad to get home, stoke the furnace back up and get the house warmed. Lexi and I had a little run, then I spent some time getting "storm ready", just in case we had a power outage. Exercise class last night - hopefully I worked off a little of that chocolate cake. Redpolls are still hanging in the large flock of Goldfinches, also plenty of Blue Jays and Chickadees at the feeder. Our one lone Junco is still around too.
The cranberry ditches are frozen solid once again.
You can see a few cranberries frozen in the ice and a few just along the edge - bright and red.
There was a calm eeriness about the lake.
The acrobatic Chickadee.
Larry's nemesis.






Enjoy your day, stay warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment