Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11 - 11th January 2015 - Sunrise, Snow, Harbour and Common Mergansers

A little more snow fell over the night, enough that the plow went by just as I was getting up. I slept in, it is Sunday after all. Temperature is -6, not bad it will drop another degree or two as daylight comes upon us. Flurries again today, I'm sure Larry will put another load of wood in the basement. He doesn't put a great deal in at a time. It's time to replenish what we've used. Temperatures looks fairly mild this week - is this what they call a January thaw? One of those wishy washy winters of temperatures that go up and down and we have snow and rain. Personally I would rather have some snow on the ground (which banks our basement and helps insulate it) and a little chill but not too much. Just my wacky opinion! I'm a little disappointed with the the feeders these days, where are the Evening Grosbeaks and Redpolls? I've not seen any.
A day of snow squalls and a little sunshine but not much. Off to town to get groceries, gas and pay a bill. Larry put some wood in the basement and I continued with picking through my photos - almost done, hoping to finish today if there is nothing else much to do. I went for a walk in the afternoon, but of course got 10 feet from home and it started snow, poor Big B. stayed in her bag. A lazy evening in front of the TV, which this time of year is really not terribly interesting so I turned to reading instead.
I love watching the sun come up through the trees, especially when I'm in the warmth of the kitchen.
Reminds me of a ball of fire.
Everything is snow covered.
Looking across at Islands Park, except I was trying to catch the Mergansers.













Looking up the harbour, was another snow squall and I was shooting from the truck.
Of course it's the time of year for Mergansers in the river, they are hard to get good photos of too.
And off they go - I'll  be persistent over the winter.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment