Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 30 - 30th January 2015 - Bling, Purple Finch, Clouds and a Chickadee

Up too early this morning, will be a long day. Temperature is -10, the stars that were out last night twinkling in the sky seem to have all disappeared now. Snow and rain on the way for tonight and Saturday, but today looks like it will be fine again. Another chance to tramp through the woods. This morning I'm going to keep a good eye out for those Woodpeckers. A little housework and some more computer work on the list for today.
Now that winter has arrived the feeders are busy most all day. The usual suspects were there - Blue Jays, 5-6 Mourning Doves, 3 Starlings, lots of Chickadees and Goldfinches, Redpolls, Pine Siskins, 2 Woodpeckers and a female Purple Finch. Each day it seems someone new arrives. Now a few Evening Grosbeaks would be a nice addition. Haven't seen my regular Red-Breasted and White-Breasted Nuthatches this year. And I might add the Pileated Woodpecker was around, but not close enough for good photos, although he flew by me once if I had of had my wits about me and camera in place. I did accomplish some computer work and a few other things besides sitting in front of the kitchen window watching the birds. Honestly, it's hard to drag myself away.
 It was a sparkly, bling kind of day in the woods on my walk.

 Clouds that were iridescent -  pink and green!

 Chickadee hanging out on the fence.
 And a female Purple Finch arrived.












The Pileated Woodpecker. Can you see him? There were actually two, maybe a pair. They tormented me for a while then went over and teased Lois. Wonder if I can hide in an old rotten tree and wait for them.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment