Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18 - 18th January 2015 - Sunlight, White-throated Sparrow, Chickadees and Woodpeckers

I overslept a bit, well was late going to bed (for me), brrr it's cold this morning. It was -13 when I went to bed but -7 when I got up but feels much colder - go figure. No idea what's planned for today, but I'm hoping we can get out for a few hours of birding. Maybe around some wharves, this time of year there are usually some ducks hanging around those. Larry wants to put some wood in, I think, yesterday was too cold. So will have to plan my time strategically.
Saturday warmed up to -9, but with the wind it felt sooo much colder. Temperatures are suppose to start rising again today with lots of rain coming on Monday. It's like a yo yo but not a thing you can do about it. Grocery shopping in the morning, then I made some pepperoni pinwheels for Larry to take with him last night. He was having night out with some fire department colleagues in town. Got out for my walk with Big B. in the afternoon, stopped to visit with Lois and check out her feeders. She has a pair of White-throated Sparrows who have been wintering there the last few years. I also got news that there were Redpolls in Lower Ohio, just a few more miles guys - come on up the road! Lexi and I had a lazy evening, me in front of the TV,Laptop and Kobo. Not all at once mind you.
 A bright morning light to start the day.
 A few shadows and sparkle.
 The Downy Woodpeckers are cute.
 We all seem to have lots of Chickadees at the feeders.
 This is why we put our Christmas trees out in the yard - White-throated Sparrow. Birds love them for shelter.
 They are so shy, can you see him in the bush.
 Mrs. Downy again.
And a Song Sparrow.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment