Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 16 - 16th January 2015 - Goldfinches, Blue Jays and s Ruffed Grouse

It's Friday for those of you in the work week, yup last day and the weekend is here. I'm not sure if anyone gets really excited about weekends in the winter or not. I'm ready to head out birding somewhere this weekend, maybe Cape Sable Island, who knows!  Today is time for get the house cleaned up, hopefully get out around the hood and need to pay some bills. Sounds like a fabulous, entertaining day - well not really but it's what I'm doing! If anyone has some better ideas let me know.
A mild Thursday, snow melting, ice dripping from the eaves of the house. Still a bit slippery underfoot in places. I kept a close eye on the feeders today, hoping that some Red Polls would come flying in but no luck. Just the regular visitors. Lexi and I roamed a bit then she decided to disappear for about an hour. After that we spent the rest of the afternoon (and evening) not speaking. Yeah she tried to worm her way back  but I was upset with her and she knew it. This is not something she normally does, not sure what's on her mind these days! Did some work on the database I'm cleaning up and some work on the wedding dress. I had company too, a friend  and her grandson dropped up with some tins, and stayed for  a quick visit.
One of the regular Gold finches.
They seem to use this feed the most. Once in a while I see a Chickadee there too. So far (fingers crossed) the Blue Jays or Squirrels have not found a way to get in. Larry used lobster trap wire around it.

You need a few Blue Jay proof feeders or they will wipe you out in no time.
Pretty but greedy!
A little big for the feeders - he usually stays in the Apple Trees - Ruffed Grouse.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment