Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19 - 19th January 2015 - Iceland Gulls, Herring Gulls, Mallards and Ice

Sounds like rain out there this morning folks, hope it has taken the ice away where we walk.  A wet day so our walks will be few. Will make some Chocolate Chip Cookies for Larry's lunch box,  cousin is coming for dress fitting, maybe try that grant application again that is sitting is cyberspace. That should fill the day, exercise class tonight will have to do the work out.
Sunday started out cold but warmed up as the day went on. We headed off to Sandy Point and made the loop around Jordan Ferry in the morning. Drove down to Locke's Island and the Jordan Bay Wharf with a stop along the road at Jordan Ferry by a brook. Somewhere I lost my spare camera battery and SD Card from my pocket. Love a DH who goes with his flashlight back to look for them as it was late by the time I realized I had lost them, so it was a bit of an expensive trip even though I did get a lifer - Iceland Gull. Lots of Gulls, Mergansers, a few Loons,Mallards and saw the Common Goldeneyes in the river on the way home. A couple of fiends searched in the Wharf area last night and will check again today. Great people. Went for a walk after I got home my cousin Cathy called me to go to her sister Bonnie's in search of a Woodpecker they have and don't know what kind it is. I think it's a Red-bellied which I've been hankering for all winter.  No luck there today, next time we'll go early in the morning. But we did enjoy tea and fresh banana bread and chocolate chip cookies.
 You can find Mallards just about anywhere.
 I love this shot with the boats in the background. 1st or 2nd year Herring Gull.
 Gulls are really difficult to figure out, our best guess was 3rd year or Adult Herring Gull.
 Lifer - 1st Winter Iceland Gull.
 Of course we find these cute little guys everywhere too.
 Ice and very cold looking water in a brook at Jordan Ferry.
Looking out the harbour at Island's Park.
One of Bonnie's Bunnies.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment