Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 22 - 22nd January 2015 - RWBB, Gull, Goldfinch, Wharf and Grandmother's Journal

It's been a while since I was up this early - groan (4:30 am). Temperature is -8, brrr. Going to be a long day and I hope this isn't the start of something again. I've been doing really good staying in bed til 5 or 5:30 am.
Every once in a while you have to have a bad day and that was Wednesday for me. Just one of those sucky days for sure. Glad I'm back in the country were crisis's are kept to a minimum. The next few days I need to plan out a surprise party for DH - he's got a special (one of those big ones ) birthday next week (Tuesday). Also need to start that last grant application. Might work on some of that this morning while my brain is still functioning pretty good. Later it will be sluggish from lack of sleep.
Must be time for Grandmother's Journal:
22 Jan 1976: Bob, Tom took me to work this morning and Kim to school. Rainy and snow, some sun. Not too cold. Fine for a while after noon. Started to snow as it got dark. Couple inches by 10 o'clock. Bobbie & Mike were up for a while. Kim here to night again. [I spent a lot of time with my grandparents, even when they were in town for the winter and not in Middle Clyde, but I loved being in the woods best].
23rd Jan 1976: Bob & Tom off early. No cat. Nearly lost Tom in the river. Very cold over night. I walked to work. Walking bad. Not as cold as I expected around 10 F. Sidney up here for the night. Maybe weekend. Some light snow flurries. I was down home for a while after supper. 
As much as I loved spending time with all my grandparents -  it's only been later years I truly know how lucky I was to grow up with both sets and a very active Great Grandmother.

If he come back today, I'm hoping to get better photos - RWBB.
There's a large flock of Goldfinches that come and then this single one who spends a lot of time with us.
Hard to get good shots, he's very shy.
One of the gulls from Sunday. My best shots were of tail feathers.
Boats at the wharf.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment