Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 32 - 1st February 2015 - Redpolls, Goldfinches and Bling

Good Morning February! It's roaring in, temperature is -7, snowing and blowing out there this morning. Maybe if I didn't get up so early I wouldn't see this. Guess our plans for today are on hold. We had made reservations at the Old Argyler Lodge for Brunch and our friends from Freeport were going to drive over and join us. It's been months since we've actually gotten together. I've been dying to go, but the weather doesn't look like it will co-operate today. Looks like another snowstorm on it's way for Monday - just need to keep telling myself that winter is almost over, although it has truly just started. It's going to be short this year. I guess it will be off to town for groceries later today. That will be our big excursion.
Saturday was a lazy day. Neither one of us did too much. I caught up with the laundry, ran the broom around,cleaned the kitchen and shovelled a bit of snow. Other than that I spent a good portion of my time with my nose in a book. Larry pulled a muscle in his back on Friday, but it was feeling better after a few muscle relaxers and some extra rest.
Usually a few Redpolls hang around the yard most of the day, they are great to watch.
There is always a head in the feeder.
Not a great photo, but it reminds me of a Christmas tree with yellow ornaments.
Everyone shares in the bigger feeders.













 A little winter bling.
And some leftover summer ferns.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment