Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 35, 4th February 2014 - Clouds, Chickadees, White-Breasted Nuthatch and Blue Jays

Ok - up at 4:30, temperature was - 20 and then dropped steadily to -22. Managed to make it town, but not sure if I'll be able to maneuver around on foot without breaking bones. By the time we got to town over the icy roads my stomach had moved up to my throat. Hindsight is 20/20 - wish I had known how bad it was.  And there is not much you can do with salt when the temperatures are like that.  As I've said before I don't travel well in the winter. I think I'll be like the Groundhog and stay home for the next six weeks. There were lots of photo ops this morning, but I left Big B. home, too scared of falling and breaking her. 
Tuesday was another cold day – the wind came up, but the sun warmed things. Temperature rose to -8, not great but its winter. I took Big B. and went out for an early walk; mostly breaking trail – the private road hadn't been plowed yet. Some spots I could almost walk on the top of the snow and other places I went through making it hard to make any headway. Lexi of course wanted to go tramping through the woods and that was worse – drifts to go through in some spots – she was more energetic then me. Anyway between shoveling out the rest of the driveway and some of the deck and walking, I got a good work out. Maybe more than I wanted as my back seemed to take the brunt of it. Shortly after lunch the internet went out – sun appears and it disappears. I took the opportunity to work on the editing I needed to do.  You may be blogless for the next couple of days until they arrive to fix my internet (Friday). 
 The old metal wheel is slowly disappearing into the snow.
 Blue skies arrived.
 My winter wreath is layered in icicles.
 It was a great day for Chickadees.
 Although this guy seemed to be tired of the attention.
 And the Blue Bandits were out in full force.
Four Crows have appeared in the yard and seem to be hanging around more.
Finally a White -breasted Nuthatch - been a while since I've had one of those in the yard. 








Enjoy your day - drive safe/walk safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment